The 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V gets a host of upgrades for the new model year. Here are five changes that make the motorcycle all the more exciting.
The TVS Apache RTR 160 4V is one of the best sports commuter motorcycles on sale right now and puts up a tough fight against rivals like the Hero Xtreme 160R, Suzuki Gixxer and the Honda X-Blade 160. It’s also been regularly updated by the two-wheeler maker with some of the upgrades coming from TVS’ racing division. With the 2021 model year, TVS further upgraded the Apache RTR 160 4V that makes it all the more exciting and fun to ride. Here are the top five upgrades on the Apache RTR 160 4V that you should know about.
Also Read: 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Launched In India
1. The 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V gets a significant bump in performance from the same engine. The 160 cc single-cylinder motor now produces 17.4 bhp, up from the previous 15.6 bhp. The torque is also up from 14.12 Nm to 14.73 Nm. The 5-speed gearbox remains the same. The engine also gets TVS’ Race-tuned (RT-FI) fuel-injection technology for enhanced power delivery and fuel economy.
2. In addition to increased performance, the updated TVS Apache RTR 160 4V has also undergone a diet and loses about 2 kg over the older model. Compared to the 2020 version’s 146 kg, the Apache RTR 160 4V now tips the scales at 145 kg.
3. With the 2021 edition, the TVS Apache RTR 160 4V gets a choice of three colours – Racing Red, Metallic Blue and Knight Black. The design language remains the same sporting an LED headlamp with DRLs and race-inspired graphics.
4. There are no hardware changes on the 2021 Apache RTR 160 4V. This includes telescopic forks upfront with a monoshock at the rear. The bike gets petal discs at either end with the base variant getting the drum brake at the rear. The motorcycle comes with single-channel ABS as standard.
5. Other features on the 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V include an all-digital instrument cluster, TVS’ new Glide Through Technology (GTT) for better power delivery at low speeds. It also comes with a double-barrel exhaust and TVS Remora tyres. Prices for the Apache RTR 160 4V start at ₹ 1.08 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).