The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) publishes a list of bank holidays each month to ensure consumers are not inconvenienced and plan their bank related work accordingly.
Banks in below states are closed on these days
- September 17, 2023- (Sunday) banks will remain closed across the country on this day).
- September 18, 2023 – (Monday) Banks will remain closed in Karnataka and Telangana on the occasion of Vinayak Chaturthi.
- September 19, 2023 – (Tuesday) Banks will remain closed in Gujarat, Maharashtra, Orissa, Tamil Nadu and Goa on Ganesh Chaturthi.
- September 20, 2023 – (Wednesday) Banks will remain closed in Orissa and Goa due to Ganesh Chaturthi (second day) and Nuakhai.
|Hyderabad – Andhra Pradesh||•|
|Hyderabad – Telangana||•||•||•|
Other bank holidays in September
- September 22, 2023: (Friday) Shree Narayana Guru Samadhi Day- Banks are closed in Kerala.
- September 23, 2023: Fourth Saturday and Maharaja Hari Singh’s birthday- Banks are closed in Jammu and Srinagar.
- September 25, 2023: (Monday) Birth anniversary of Shrimant Sankardeva- Banks are closed in Assam.
- September 27, 2023: (Wednesday) Milad-e-Sherif (Birthday of Prophet Mohammad)- Banks are closed in Jammu and Kerala.
- September 28, 2023: (Thursday)Eid-e-Milad or Eid-e-Miladunnabi (Birthday of Prophet Mohammad)- Banks are closed in Gujarat, Mizoram, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tanil Nadu, Uttara Khand, Telangana, Manipur, Uttara Pradesh, New Delhi, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand.
- September 29, 2023: (Friday) Indrajatra and Friday after Eid-e-Milad-ul-Nabi- Banks are closed in Sikkim, Jammu and Srinagar.
There will be 16 bank holidays in September across different states in India including Sundays, second Saturday and fourth Saturday, according to the Reserve Bank of India holiday list.