Hotels: Raffles Dubai & Sofitel Dubai The Obelisk
Department: Sales & Marketing
Job Title: Cluster Marketing & Communications Manager
Position Reports To: Cluster Director Of Marketing & Communications
Ranked in the top 25 luxury hotels worldwide and number one in Dubai on TripAdvisor, Raffles Dubai is in a distinctive pyramid shape and offers 252 spacious rooms and suites starting from 70 sqm, boasting a balcony with stunning views of Dubai. Complemented by a 24-hour butler service, Raffles Spa, seven restaurants and bars, 11 meeting rooms and Raffles Ballroom.
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk opening early spring 2020, has a striking Obelisk shape and will infuse Sofitel’s French essence with an artistic balance of modernism and ancient Egypt. Featuring 498 rooms and suites starting from 44 sqm and 97 serviced apartments, the property will offer five dining concepts, Sofitel Spa, an outdoor pool with private cabanas, 10 meeting venues and one ballroom.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This role oversees and leads all marketing efforts in the hotel. Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible to create and promote on-brand messaging to customers through various channels with the goal of enhancing the image of the hotel, driving consumer awareness, increasing market share, and building brand awareness.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities and essential job functions include:
– Manage all activities within the marketing department, ensuring all brand standards are followed
– Creates & executes annual marketing plan to budget
– Serve as the hotel’s primary brand ambassador, ensuring that brand guidelines are followed
– Develop the hotel’s communication strategies and execute the marketing campaigns in conjunction with the Sales, Spa, Food & Beverage departments to ensure profit growth and brand exposure
– Plan and oversee the hotel’s advertising and promotional activities
– Manage the hotel’s creative agency to develop all marketing collateral, promotional pieces, and advertising campaigns
– Work with digital marketing to develop compelling consumer and media content
– Oversee all marketing initiatives for the hotel
– Verifies all collateral is as per brand guidelines
– Verifies all advertising for the hotel in digital channels is in alignment with brand voice
– Build and maintain positive relations with the Corporate and Regional offices
– Oversee photo shoots for the hotel and seasonal campaigns
– Any other marketing related task requests by the Cluster Commercial Director
– Excellent understanding of luxury market
– Excellent understanding of all hotel departments
– Professional presentation skills
– Knowledge of basic accounting, math skills and analytical capabilities required
– Ability to assess/evaluate employee’s performance fairly
– Must have strong interpersonal skills with attention to details
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– A leader with a positive attitude
– Strategic thinking combined with the ability to move strategy to action
– Problem solving skills
– Managerial / Leadership skills
– Self-motivated, creative and confident, with a highly energetic personality
– Creative, independent, and manages stress gracefully
– Ability to meet deadlines consistently
– Pro-active and taking initiative
– Must be organized and ability to work and follow systems and procedures
– Must be adaptable to change of strategy, ideas, systems etc.
– Must be guest service oriented
– Proficiency in organizational planning with the ability to multi-task
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
– Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related major
– Minimum 5 years’ experience in the marketing, digital or related professional area
– Hospitality marketing or advertising agency experience preferred
– An experienced marketing expert, a dynamic and self-driven, creative individual
– An engaging and empathic leader
– A passionate individual with experience in marketing; traditional & digital; as well as e-commerce
– Strong luxury hotel background / luxury brand background is preferred
– Fluency in English, written and spoken
– Fluency in Arabic, written and spoken is preferred
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making “Feel Welcome” resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels’ more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.