HDFC Bank has released FAQs related to fixed deposit investment and the impact of the merger on FD investors.
Existing Fixed Deposit Holders
1. What will be my Deposit Account Number and terms of the Fixed Deposit (FD) Booked with HDFC Limited?
Your FD Account Number continues to be the same and will remain the reference point for all your future communications with HDFC Bank
The terms of your FD along with interest rates, interest computation methodology, tenure, maturity instructions and pay-outs will remain same until maturity/renewal of your FD
Your existing Deposit Receipt issued by HDFC Limited will continue to be valid till the maturity of the FD.
2. Will my FD with HDFC Limited be covered by guarantee from DICGC?
Your existing HDFC Limited FD will also be covered by guarantee from DICGC, within an overall maximum limit of Rs 5 lacs (Principle & Interest) post-merger with HDFC Bank.
3. Can I use HDFC Bank NetBanking to service my existing deposits with HDFC Limited?
FDs held with HDFC Limited will continue to be shown and serviced through Customer Self Service Portal, and will not be available on HDFC Bank NetBanking/Mobile Banking.
New deposits booked through Customer Portal will also continue to be serviced through it.
4. I am an existing customer of HDFC Bank, will my deposit with HDFC Limited be visible in my current HDFC Bank NetBanking or MobileBanking?
If you are an existing customer of HDFC Bank with NetBanking or MobileBanking access:
1. Your HDFC Limited deposit booked before June 30 2023 will be visible in HDFC Limited Customer Portal only
2. HDFC Bank Fixed Deposits will be visible in HDFC Bank NetBanking & MobileBanking
3. Deposit booked through Customer Portal after June 30, 2023 will be visible in both HDFC Customer Portal & HDFC Bank NetBanking & MobileBanking.
5. Will I have access to HDFC Limited Customer Self Service Portal (Customer Portal) that I have been using prior to merger?
You will continue to have access to HDFC Limited Customer Portal, as you could before the merger.
6. Will HDFC Limited Deposit Offices continue to service my deposits?
Yes, you will continue to be serviced by your existing Deposit Offices as it was before the merger. Moreover you can reach out to any of the 7500+ branches of HDFC Bank
7. Will HDFC Limited Deposit Agents continue to service my deposits?
1. The Bank is committed to continue the arrangement with your associated Agent and they will be able to offer you services related to FDs
2. In addition, the Agents will now be able to offer you other banking products, like Savings Account, Current Accounts, Credit cards and an array of Loan products.
New Booking/Renewal/Withdrawal of Fixed Deposits
8. How will renewal of Fixed Deposits happen post the merger?
1. If the renewal date falls beyond the effective date of merger, renewal of FD will happen as per Bank’s terms and the Bank’s prevailing rates of interest at the time of renewal will apply. To know more of HDFC Bank’s current interest rates click here.
2. Individual customers can change the maturity instructions (renewal to repayment or vice versa) on FD with HDFC Limited through Customer Portal or by visiting existing Deposit offices of HDFC Limited or any other HDFC Bank branches
3. Non-Individual customers can change the Maturity Instructions (renewal to repayment or vice versa) on Fixed Deposit with HDFC Limited by submitting request at existing branch offices of HDFC or any HDFC Bank Branches.
9. How do I place new Deposits with HDFC Bank?
Individuals can book deposit with HDFC Bank through the following channels
I HDFC Limited Customer Portal or through KP App
ii. HDFC Bank Branches including HDFC Deposit Offices
iii. HDFC Bank NetBanking – in case they have an account with HDFC Bank
iv. Any other digital platform of HDFC bank.
You may reach out to Deposit Agent associated with your deposits or your assigned Relationship Manager with HDFC Bank
Non Individuals (Entities & Trusts): Physical Application at HDFC Bank Branches including HDFC Deposit Offices. You may reach out to Deposit Agent associated with your deposits or your assigned Relationship Manager with HDFC Bank
NRE/ FCNR Deposits: You can open New NRE/ FCNR Term deposit with HDFC Bank on Bank’s T&C. In order to open NRE/FCNR deposits online, you need to open a new NRE Savings/Current account. In case you already hold NRE Savings/Current account with HDFC Bank then you may login to NetBanking for placing a request for NRE/FCNR Term deposit opening.
10. I wish to withdraw my Deposit before the date of Maturity (Premature withdrawal)
Pre-Mature withdrawal of FD : Premature liquidation of erstwhile HDFC Limited deposit will be done as per premature withdrawal terms & conditions applicable on HDFC Limited deposit. You can continue to do it through Branches, Agents or Customer Portal like before.
1. Recurring Deposits : Your existing recurring deposit will continue and monthly instalment will be debited from the linked account as updated against the RD as per the mandate submitted.
2. New Recurring Deposit with HDFC Bank : To open new RD, we request you to open a Savings Account with HDFC Bank through which you can book an RD.