The official notification for Indian Navy Recruitment 2023 outlines 275 available positions for this post, with selected candidates undergoing a training period of one year. The selection process involves a written test and interview, and shortlisted candidates will be invited to the subsequent stages.
Candidates with SSC/Matric/Std X and ITI (NCVT/SCVT) qualifications are invited to apply. The minimum age for application is 14 years, and for hazardous occupations, it is 18 years, as per The Apprentices Act 1961.
Interested and eligible candidates must submit their applications online through the provided link in the official notification. Additionally, a printout of the completed application, along with supporting documents, should be sent to The Officer-in-Charge (for Apprenticeship), Naval Dockyard Apprentices School, VM Naval Base S.O., P.O., Visakhapatnam – 530 014, Andhra Pradesh before the specified deadline. No other mode of application will be considered.
The Indian Navy Recruitment 2023 is seeking candidates for the position of Apprenticeship Training, and a total of 275 vacancies are available.
1. Candidates are required to have the following qualifications:
- SSC/Matric/Std X with a minimum aggregate percentage of 50%.
- ITI (NCVT/SCVT) with a minimum aggregate percentage of 65%.
2. Age Eligibility:
There is no upper age restriction for apprenticeship training, as outlined in the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) office memorandum No. F.No. MSDE-14(03)/2021 AP-(PMU) dated 20 Dec 21. The minimum age requirement is 14 years, and for hazardous occupations, it is 18 years, in accordance with ‘The Apprentices Act 1961.’ Therefore, candidates born on or before May 2, 2010, are considered eligible.3. Physical Standards:
Candidates must meet the minimum standards of physical fitness specified in Rule 4 of ‘The Apprenticeship Rules 1992’ for apprenticeship training.
4. Previous Training:
Candidates who have already completed or are currently pursuing apprenticeship training in the same trade in any organization, as per the Apprenticeship Act, 1961, and its subsequent amendments, are not eligible for the current apprenticeship opportunity.
Selected candidates will be appointed for a training period of one year, in accordance with the Apprentices Act 1961. The training will take place at Naval Dockyard Apprentices School, Visakhapatnam, [DAS (Vzg)].
The selection process for Indian Navy Recruitment 2023 includes a written examination and interview. The written examination, consisting of 50 Multiple Choice Questions in Mathematics, General Science, and General Knowledge, will be conducted on February 28, 2024, at DAS (Vzg) campus. The interview process will follow in the ratio of 1:2 against existing vacancies in each trade and category.
Written examination for all trades at DAS (Vzg) – February 28, 2024 (AM)
Declaration of written exam results at DAS (Vzg) – March 02, 2024 (PM)
How to Apply:
Candidates can apply online using the provided link in the official notification. The deadline for submitting online applications is January 1, 2024.
- Candidates are required to register themselves on the online portal at www.apprenticeshipindia.gov.in under the National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS).
- Before registration, candidates must ensure that the name and date of birth on both the Aadhar card and SSC/matriculation certificate are identical. Any discrepancies should be rectified in the Aadhar card based on the SSC certificate.
- Open the www.apprenticeshipindia.gov.in web portal, click on the ‘Register’ module on the home page, and select ‘Candidate’ from the drop-down menu.
- Fill in all basic details such as name, date of birth, valid e-mail address, mobile number, etc., accurately and submit.
- After submission, a system-generated auto-mail for profile activation will be received via e-mail. Activate the profile to complete the registration process.
Login and Profile Completion:
- After registration, log in to the www.apprenticeshipindia.gov.in web portal using the username (registered e-mail id) and password.
- Enter educational details, contact address, trade preference, Aadhar, PAN & bank details, community, etc.
- Upload all supporting documents and validate the Aadhar number to achieve 100% profile completion.
Application for Apprenticeship Opportunities:
- Click on ‘Apprenticeship Opportunities’ on the home page.
- Choose ‘Search by Establishment Name’ from the menu and enter “NAVAL DOCKYARD” (Establishment ID: E08152800002) in capital letters.
- Select Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam. A list of trades operated in Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam will be displayed.
- Select “Apply” against the desired trade and follow further instructions as per the apprenticeship portal guidelines.
- After applying for the trade, take a printout of the complete profile for forwarding to DAS (Vzg) along with the application.
- Print two copies of the hall ticket format (Annexure – I of the advertisement), fill them out with a ballpoint pen, and paste a recent passport color photograph in the earmarked box.
Submission to DAS (Vzg):
Forward the apprentice profile, two original hall tickets, and all relevant documents along with the check-off list (Annexure – II of the advertisement) in an envelope (mentioning the trade name) to:
“The Officer-in-Charge (for Apprenticeship),
Naval Dockyard Apprentices School,
VM Naval Base S.O., P.O.,
Visakhapatnam – 530 014, Andhra Pradesh”
This submission is considered an offline application for enrollment.