The recipe serves 10 and, taking just 10 minutes to make, it’s a perfect quick snack to prepare when you have guests over.
While hummus is decadent and creamy it is also very healthy. Jamie said: “Chickpeas – the star ingredient in hummus – are incredibly good for you.
“High in protein and fibre and more than ten micronutrients, including a hefty amount of the mineral copper, keeping our hair and skin nice and healthy, this is a great, nutritious snack. Serve it with crunchy veg for dipping, breadsticks or lovely warm flatbreads.”
Jamie’s homemade hummus could not be easier to make, so it’s ideal for even the most inexperienced of chefs.
1. Drain the chickpeas and pour them into a food processor.
2. Peel and add the garlic. Then, add the tahini, a generous squeeze of lemon juice and a tablespoon of oil.
3. Season with a pinch of sea salt. Put the lid on the food processor and blitz.
4. Scrape the hummus down the sides of the bowl with a spatula, then blitz again until smooth.
5. Taste it and add more lemon juice or a splash of water to loosen if needed. Spoon the hummus into the bowl you will be serving it in.
6. Slice up some veg into sticks, for example carrots, cucumbers and peppers. Warm up some flatbreads and dip away.
If you like Jamie Oliver’s hummus, why not try the celeb chef’s 10-minute guacamole recipe?