Krishna Janmashtami bank holidays
On September 6, 2023, banks are closed in Orissa, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Bihar.
On September 7, 2023, on the occasion of Janmashtami (Shravan Vd-8) and Shri Krishna Ashtami: Banks are closed in Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Chandigarh, Sikkim, Rajasthan, Jammu, Bihar, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand, Meghalaya, Himachal Pradesh, and Srinagar.In September banks will be closed on the occasions of Sri Krishna Janmashtami, Janmashtami (Shravan Vad-8)/Sri Krishna Ashtami, Varasiddhi Vinayaka Vrata/Vinayaka Chathurthi, Ganesh Chaturthi/Samvatsari (Chaturthi Paksha), Ganesh Chaturthi (2nd day)/Nuakhai, Sree Narayana Guru Samadhi Day, Birthday of Maharaja Hari Singh Ji, Janmotsav of Srimanta Sankardeva, Milad-i-Sherif (Birthday of Prophet Muhammed), Eid-E-Milad/Eid-e-Meeladunnabi – (Prophet Mohammad’s Birthday) (Bara Vafat), Indrajatra/Friday following Eid-i-Milad-ul-Nabi.
Other holidays in September
- September 8, 2023: G20 meet: Banks closed in Delhi.
- September 18, 2023: Varsiddhi Vinayak Vrata and Vinayaka Chaturthi: Banks are closed in Karnataka and Telangana.
- September 19, 2023: Ganesh Chaturthi- Banks are closed in Gujarat, Maharashtra, Orissa, Tamil Nadu, and Goa.
- September 20, 2023: Ganesh Chaturthi (2nd day) and Nuakhai: Banks are closed in Orissa and Goa.
- September 22, 2023: Shree Narayana Guru Samadhi Day- Banks are closed in Kerala.
- September 23, 2023: Fourth Saturday and Maharaja Hari Singh’s birthday- Banks are closed in Jammu and Srinagar.
- September 25, 2023: Birth anniversary of Shrimant Sankardeva- Banks are closed in Assam.
- September 27, 2023: Milad-e-Sherif (Birthday of Prophet Mohammad)- Banks are closed in Jammu and Kerala.
- September 28, 2023: Eid-e-Milad or Eid-e-Miladunnabi (Birthday of Prophet Mohammad)- Banks are closed in Gujarat, Mizoram, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tanil Nadu, Uttara Khand, Telangana, Manipur, Uttara Pradesh, New Delhi, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand.
- September 29, 2023: Indrajatra and Friday after Eid-e-Milad-ul-Nabi- Banks are closed in Sikkim, Jammu and Srinagar.
September bank holiday 2023
|Hyderabad – Andhra Pradesh||•|
|Hyderabad – Telangana||•||•||•|
Source: RBI website