What is the amount of fee payment for Aadhaar-PAN linkage?
Before submitting an Aadhaar-PAN linking request on an e-filing portal, the required fee of Rs 1000 will be applied starting on July 1, 2022, and it must be paid in a single challan.
How to link Pan-Aadhaar with penalty
Here is how to link PAN-Aadhaar with penalty, according to the Income Tax website.
Step 1: Login https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/, on Dashboard, in Profile Section under the Link Aadhar to PAN option, click Link Aadhar.
Step 2: Enter your PAN and Aadhar Number.
Step 3: Click on Continue to Pay Through e-Pay Tax.
Step 4: Enter your PAN, confirm PAN and mobile number to receive OTP.
Step 5: Post OTP verification, you will be redirected to e-Pay Tax page
Step 6: Click on Proceed on the Income Tax Tile.
Step: 7 Select AY as 2024-25 and type of Payment as Other Receipts (500) and click Continue.
Step 8(a): Applicable amount will be pre-filled against Others.
Post payment of fee you can link your Aadhaar number with PAN on the e-Filing Portal
Banks authorized for e-Pay Tax
Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra, Canara Bank, Central Bank of India, City Union Bank, Federal Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IDBI Bank, Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, IndusInd Bank, Jammu & Kashmir Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Punjab National Bank, South Indian Bank, UCO Bank, Union Bank of India. (as on 31.03.2023)
What will be the consequences if I do not link Aadhaar with PAN till 30th June 2023?
If you do not link your Aadhaar with PAN till 30th June 2023, your PAN will become inoperative.
If PAN becomes inoperative, you will not be able to furnish, intimate or quote your PAN and would be liable to all the consequences under the Act for such failure.
- This will have a number of implications such as:
- Refund of any amount of tax or part thereof, due under the provisions of the Act shall not be made;
- Interest shall not be payable on such refund for the period, beginning with the date specified under sub-rule (4) and ending with the date on which it becomes operative;
- Where tax is deductible under Chapter XVIIB in case of such person, such tax shall be deducted at higher rate, in accordance with provisions of section 206AA;
- Where tax is collectible at source under Chapter XVII-BB in case of such person, such tax shall be collected at higher rate, in accordance with provisions of section 206CC.