Vancouver Canucks’ J.T. Miller says it’s ‘dangerous’ to rush team back after COVID-19 outbreak


Vancouver Canucks forward J.T. Miller thinks his team is being rushed onto the ice after a COVID-19 outbreak, saying it is “dangerous to a lot of players.”

“What we’re being asked to do is not going to be too safe, if you’re asking me,” Miller told reporters on Wednesday.

Miller added: “It’s kind of frustrating, if I’m being honest with you. We try to talk about the No. 1 priority being the players health and their families’ safety, and it’s almost impossible to do what they’ve asked us to do here on our return.”

The Canucks haven’t played since March 24 as the team was ravaged by an outbreak involving a variant of the virus. Many players were symptomatic. The team is back on the ice this week and Vancouver is scheduled for a game Friday against the Oilers. To complete its 56-game schedule, Vancouver must play its remaining 19 games in 31 days.

“It’s kind of crazy,” Miller said. ” I know everyone has a job to do but to expect our entire team to be ready to play in one practice and a pre-game skate is a little bit hard to comprehend.”

One player told ESPN on Tuesday that although doctors have told him he is no longer contagious after contracting the virus, he is still experiencing some after effects, like brain fog. The player told ESPN that he is planning to resume play with the team, though he is concerned about “the unknown.”

All players must be cleared by a cardiologist as well as a team doctor before they are cleared to get back to on the ice.

After Miller’s comments, Canucks players had a video conference meeting with the NHLPA on Wednesday night. The sides expect more clarity Thursday after a medical evaluation of the players.

Miller was one of the few players on the Canucks that did not test positive for COVID-19.

“Mentally, for me, this hasn’t been the easiest year,” Miller said. “I’m coming up on 50 days of quarantine just in this past year. It’s been a rough go for a lot of people, and I’ve definitely been thinking about my teammates and their families every day. I feel fortunate that we weren’t as affected as they were.”

As of Wednesday, there were still seven Canucks players on the NHL’s COVID-19 protocol list; nine players were removed a day earlier.

“I hope people don’t take this the wrong way, I’m a super competitive guy,” said Miller, a nine-year NHL veteran who also played for the New York Rangers and Tampa Bay Lightning. “But this isn’t about hockey for our team. This is about the health and safety of our players, their family and their children. This isn’t about making the playoffs.”

To accommodate the Canucks games, the NHL has the North Division now ending its schedule May 16; the regular season was originally scheduled to end on May 11.

The NHL said there is a chance that the Stanley Cup playoffs begin for the three United States-based divisions while the North Division still finishes up regular season play.

The Canucks are 10 points behind the Montreal Canadiens for the fourth playoff spot in the North Division.

Many infected players and their families were symptomatic, including some who had fatigue, body aches, chills and dehydration. At least one player required an IV, sources told ESPN. Miller said he had some teammates that were “struggling to breathe going up and down steps.”

Players in the United States have begun to get vaccinated, however rollout has been much slower in Canada.

General manager Jim Benning said last week that no Canucks players have said they want to opt out of the rest of the season.

“I know talking to players, they’re worried about their families and stuff. And we’ll get through all that,” Benning said. “But these guys, they’re competitive guys and they want to get back playing again when they know that they’re going to be safe, their families are going to be safe.”



Source link

Clinton sweeps the South on “Mega Tuesday”


Clinton sweeps the South on “Mega Tuesday” – CBS Newstrump, Mega Tuesday, sanders, hillary clinton, marco rubio, john kasich, gop, Ted Cruz, super tuesday, rubio, Donald Trump, news, bernie sanders, cruz, clinton”/>


Watch CBSN Live



As the polls predicted, Hillary Clinton won Ohio as well as Florida and North Carolina, completing her sweep of the South in the primaries. Nancy Cordes reports on the path forward for Clinton and Bernie Sanders.

Be the first to know

Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.




Source link

Chicago White Sox left-hander Carlos Rodon throws no-hitter against Cleveland Indians


CHICAGO — Chicago White Sox left-hander Carlos Rodon came two outs away from a perfect game but threw the first no-hitter of his career in an 8-0 win over the Cleveland Indians on Wednesday night.

Rodon, 28, threw 114 pitches in the complete game, looking as strong at the end of the contest as he did at the beginning.

“I can’t believe it,” Rodon said on the game telecast afterwards.

With one out in the ninth inning, Rodon hit Roberto Perez in the foot, ending his chance at perfection. But the lefty then got Yu Chang looking on strike three and Jordan Luplow grounded out to third base.

Josh Naylor had opened the ninth inning with a slow roller to first baseman Jose Abreu, who barely got to the bag before Naylor. The call on the field was an out, which was upheld by video review.

It’s the second White Sox no-hitter in as many seasons; Rodon’s teammate, Lucas Giolito, threw one last season on Aug. 25 against the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Rodon was the third overall pick in the 2014 amateur draft but injuries have plagued his career. He was non-tendered by the White Sox this past December only to sign back with them on a 1-year deal for $3 million.

Tony La Russa is now the first manager to oversee two no-hitters in the American League and two in the National League, having been in the dugout Dave Stewart in 1990, Jose Jimenez in 1999 and Bud Smith in 2001.



Source link

Tata Motors’ Global Sales Up By 43 Per Cent In Q4 FY2021


Tata Motors has recorded a quarter-on-quarter (QoQ) growth of 18.36 per cent this time around.



expandView Photos

Tata Motors sold 2,20,697 passenger vehicles in Q4 FY2021.

Tata Motors has recorded a growth of 43 per cent in its global sales in Q4 FY2021 selling 3,30,125 units, including Jaguar Land Rover (JLR). Global sales of all Tata Motors‘ commercial vehicles and Tata Daewoo range in Q4 FY21 were at 1,09,428 units, higher by 55 per cent, when compared to the same quarter a year ago. Global sales of all passenger vehicles in Q4 FY21 were at 2,20,697 units, higher by 39 per cent as compared to Q4 FY20. Global wholesales for Jaguar Land Rover stood at 1,36,461 units for Q4 FY21.

Also Read: Discounts Of Up To ₹ 65,000 On Select Tata Cars This Month

tata prima main

Global wholesales of all Tata Motors’ commercial vehicles went up by 55 per cent.

In the previous quarter, Tata Motors Group’s global sales stood at 2,78,915 units (including Jaguar Land Rover), registering a marginal 1 per cent growth as compared to what the company sold during the October-December period in 2019. However, it has registered a quarter-on-quarter (Q-o-Q) growth of 18.36 per cent this time around. Tata had witnessed a Q-o-Q growth of 37 per cent growth in the previous quarter, compared to the second quarter that ended on September 30, 2020 (Q2 FY2021), when the company’s total wholesales were 2,02,873 units.

Also Read: Tata Motors Sells Over 4000 Units Of The Nexon EV In 14 Months

egqs8i8o

Global wholesales for Jaguar Land Rover stood at 1,36,461 units for Q4 FY21.

0 Comments

Tata Motors has registered a sales growth 422 per cent in the passenger vehicle business in March 2021 selling 29,654 units as compared to 5,676 units sold in the same month a year ago. The sales in the month of March last year were subdued due to the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown. The carmaker also recorded a growth of 162 per cent in Q4 selling 83,857 units as compared to 32,000 units sold in the same period last year. Coming to FY21 sales figure, the company recorded a growth of 69 per cent at 131,196 units as compared to 222,025 units sold in the last fiscal year.

For the latest auto news and reviews, follow carandbike.com on Twitter, Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.





Source link

Things You Need To Do At The Time Of Buying A Used Car


While we have already told you what all things to check while scouting for a used car, here we have listed down all the things you need to do once you have found the right one.



expandView Photos

Here are things you need to do once you find that perfect used car to buy

Buying a car is not exactly as simple as it sounds, be it a brand-new vehicle or a used car. It involves hours of research to select the right model for you, scouting for that perfect deal, and finalising your payment options. And, if it is a pre-owned vehicle that you are buying then there are some additional things to consider like the vehicle condition and paperwork. While we have already told you what all things to check while scouting for a used car, here we have listed down all the things you need to do once you have found the right one.

Also Read: How To Check A Used Car Before Buying

Get All The Papers Sorted

Once you have found the right car, it’s important to check whether all the vehicle papers are in place. Documentation like the registration certificate, pollution certificate, the no dues certificate if the previous owned bought it on finance and the existing insurance papers. These will help make the ownership transfer process that much more seamless. Having the insurance details will also help you verify if the car has had any accidents or claims related to those.

Also Read: Buying A Used Car vs A New Car – Pros And Cons

8e2ggh3g

It is important to get the vehicle ownership transferred to your name as soon as possible

Get Ownership Transferred

You must get the vehicle ownership transferred to your name as soon as possible. In case the vehicle had a previous owner make sure the current owner has a Non-Objection Certificate (NOC) for selling the car as it will be required to transfer the registration certificate. You will need to submit an application for the transfer at your Regional Transport Office or RTO. You will need the registration certificate in your name for insurance as well. The person selling the car will need to have valid insurance for RC transfer.

Also Read: Insurance For Used Cars: Things You Should Know

Get Second-Hand Car Insurance

Once the RC transfer is done, it’s important that you get the insurance transferred to your name as well. If the RC is in your name but the policy is still under the previous owner’s name, then the policy stands nullified. So, the first thing you want to do is get contact the insurance provider and get the insurance transferred to your name. You can also buy completely new insurance that will be a much simpler and faster process than getting the existing one transferred. Also, this will offer you the flexibility to choose a policy that best suits you.

Also Read: Most Common Places To Check For Rust When Buying A Used Car

df2l4aao

Before you start using the car it’s important to get the vehicle cleaned and serviced

Get The Car Cleaned And Serviced

0 Comments

Before you start driving your new used car you must get the vehicle cleaned and services properly. It’s possible that the previous owner might have missed servicing the car before selling it. So, once all the paperwork is done take to car to your mechanic or service centre and get the basic things like oil and filters changed among other small things. Also in current conditions, it’s important to have a sanitised car to get the car deep-cleaned by professionals.

For the latest auto news and reviews, follow carandbike.com on Twitter, Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.





Source link

Communities threatened by floods in Texas, Louisiana


Communities threatened by floods in Texas, Louisiana – CBS News


Watch CBSN Live



More than 40 million Americans are bracing for possible severe weather Tuesday. A tornado tore through Ohio Monday northwest of Dayton, damaging several buildings. Large pieces of hail pounded South Carolina and winds accelerated to around 70 mph. Farther south, rising rivers in Louisiana and Texas have forced evacuations. David Begnaud reports from Deweyville, Texas, where the governor has declared a state of emergency.

Be the first to know

Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.




Source link

Yasiel Puig denies accusations in sexual assault lawsuit


In a statement released on his Twitter feed Tuesday, free-agent outfielder Yasiel Puig has denied claims in a lawsuit that he sexually assaulted a woman in 2018 and said that the allegations have prevented him from continuing his Major League career.

“I am speaking out now to defend my name against false and malicious allegations by a woman who claims I assaulted her in 2018,” Puig wrote. “These allegations are totally false, the evidence proves they are false, and I look forward to all the facts and the truth coming out.”

The woman, identified in federal court documents as only Jane Roe, sued Puig last October, saying the former Dodgers outfielder followed her into a Staples Center bathroom after a Lakers game on Oct. 31, 2018, “pinned her with one arm” to prevent her from leaving, groped her and masturbated in front of her.

The woman did not file a police report. Puig has not been charged with any crime, and he has previously denied the allegations in a court filing.

In his statement Tuesday, released by his attorneys, Puig said: “The fact is that I had consensual sex with a woman I met at a Lakers game after she propositioned me. Afterward we talked about going out together, but she said she did not want her fiancé to find out.”

Attorney Taylor Rayfield, who is representing the woman, said in a statement to ESPN on Wednesday, “The simple fact of the matter is that our client never engaged in consensual sexual activity with Mr. Puig — not at the Staples Center Chairman’s Club, and not anywhere else.”

In her own statement, released through Rayfield, the woman said, “I am an out and proud lesbian and have been during my entire adult life. My female fiancée and I were enjoying a Lakers game at the Staples Center when this attack occurred.” She added that the notion that she would leave her fianceé for a sexual encounter in the bathroom with someone she’d just met “is demeaning and ridiculous.”

Puig said Tuesday that he and the woman “messaged each other” after their encounter and planned to get together but never did.

Puig’s Los Angeles-based attorneys, Alan Jackson and Caleb Mason, also said in their statement Tuesday that text messages between Puig and the woman help to confirm Puig’s account of what happened.

“On November 2, 2018, two days after their encounter, when Mr. Puig wrote to ask her when they could see each other again, she replied “I[‘m] working it out! I didn’t forget about you.”

Puig’s attorneys point out that the woman sent Puig heart emoji messages and that, on November 23, 2018, several weeks after the Lakers game, she messaged Puig asking him when he would be back in town.

ESPN has reviewed text message exchanges between Puig and the woman, which became public through an exhibit filed as part of the woman’s federal lawsuit.

She did send the text messages Puig’s legal team referenced but only after Puig had sent her several messages in an apparent attempt to meet privately.

Rayfield said the woman sent those messages only because she was “fearful of a further attack or retribution by Puig,” and in an attempt “to de-escalate his behavior by providing curt responses.”

In their statement Tuesday, Puig’s attorneys did not include a text message Puig sent the woman hours after the Lakers game. In that text, Puig wrote: “Private between me and me [sic] everything that happens no one has to know,” according to the transcript of text messages that appears in court documents.

Last month, ESPN reported that a number of teams had factored the allegations, as well as Puig’s declining play, into their decision-making when considering him as a free-agent signing.

“Nobody wants the headache,” one front-office source told ESPN.

Puig said Tuesday he initially remained silent about the allegations against him on the advice of his attorneys and is speaking out now because of delays in the legal system and a civil case that has unfairly tarnished his image in baseball circles.

“With a mere unsupported accusation, the sports world has turned against me without ever hearing my side,” Puig said in the statement from his attorneys.

“All I ask is that I be given the chance to prove these claims false, and in the meantime, play the game that I love so much.”





Source link

What happens if Trump wins big Tuesday night?


What happens if Trump wins big Tuesday night? – CBS Newstrump, campaign 2016, Trump rally, Ted Cruz, rubio, gop primary, Donald Trump, news, cbs evening news, scott pelley, video, cbs, kasich, primary”/>


Watch CBSN Live



Anthony Salvanto, CBS News director of elections, discusses the future of the GOP presidential race should Donald Trump win in Florida and Ohio.

Be the first to know

Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.




Source link

Portland-bound combat missiles found on plane in Serbia


Portland-bound combat missiles found on plane in Serbia – CBS News


Watch CBSN Live



Authorities in Serbia uncovered two missiles in a shipping container that was bound for Portland. The missiles came from Lebanon, whose government claimed they were used for military training and did not contain explosives. Jennifer Dowling of CBS Portland affiliate KOIN reports.

Be the first to know

Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.




Source link

Amtrak derailment in Kansas injures dozens


Amtrak derailment in Kansas injures dozens – CBS News


Watch CBSN Live



Five cars from an Amtrak train derailed near Wichita, Kansas, overnight, injuring at least 27 people, two of them critically. There were more than 100 people on board the Amtrak Southwest Chief, which was traveling from Los Angeles to Chicago. Don Dahler reports.

Be the first to know

Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.




Source link